Physical therapy and fitness for adolescents and adults with Down syndrome
Dr. Mann has been working with adolescents and adults with Down syndrome since 2004.
She is a specialist in exercise assessment, exercise prescription, and exercise program development for this population.
Why do adolescents and adults with Down syndrome need physical therapy?
- Orthopedic condition assessment and treatment
- Including but not limited to: joint pain (hips, knees, ankles, shoulders, etc.), low back pain, and foot dysfunction
- Weight management through activity
- Supervised and structured weight management programs designed for individuals with Down syndrome
- Individualized 16-week program designed and performed by a licensed physical therapist.
- Initial complete physical therapy evaluation, 16 1-hour strength and conditioning sessions at Mann Method PT located in Arvada, Colorado
- Expert exercise instruction for upper and lower body strengthening, core strengthening, balance training, functional activities and cardiovascular equipment education.
- Goals include improved gait pattern, improved posture, joint stabilization, improved strength, improved endurance, improved balance and coordination, improved safety awareness in a fitness setting, and ability to implement program independently in home or recreation